What does membership of either ACE or ACET tell your client base and the general public?
- It tells them that you are an accredited professional within your industry.
- It also tells them that when they enter into a contract with you they are working with a fully insured professional who has the support and benefits of a trade association.
How does Membership benefit you?
- The Association is committed to the promotion of it’s Members through an active managed referral system.
- Membership means you are automatically insured for professional Indemnity and Public Liability.
- IT professionals who want the fact that they work to a professional standard to be acknowledge and recognised through Membership accreditation.
- IT professionals who understand the benefits of their industry being regulated, thus ensuring the integrity of the industry.
- IT professionals who would like the support and promotional backing through membership of a professional association, including legal assistance, advertising, press coverage and referrals.
- IT professionals who understand the benefits of being professionally insured cost effectively through an association, underwritten by an industry specialist and to have that insurance tailored for them within Membership.
IT professionals are invited to apply for Membership
The criteria for membership are strict and include the following:
- You must be at least 25 years of age to become a member
- You must have at least 5 years experience in a computer industry sector and/or an accepted IT related sector, or
- a relevant professional qualification and at least three years’ experience in a computer related industry sector and/or an accepted IT related sector
- The Association may take relevant trade references and professional references prior to acceptance of an applicant.
- An application from a person with a criminal record (other than motoring offences) will not ordinarily be accepted.
- Membership is limited to individuals whose annual turnover does not exceed £125,000.
Otherwise by special agreement.
- Membership approval is at the sole discretion of the relevant Association.
Upon membership acceptance the applicable Association will provide Certificate of Membership incorporating insurance cover.